Are you ready to take the road trip that you have always talked about and book a vacation by yourself or with the family to explore the great outdoors? While it’s likely there are plenty of options for camping and other socially distanced outdoor activities near you, let us suggest hitting the road in a fancy wagon (or for those not stuck in the past, your car) and head west to Utah. What’s in Utah, you may ask? Most may be familiar with Salt Lake City, but there is a wider variety of sights and attractions within the Beehive state to keep you and your family occupied.
Utah is also known for its various national parks, ski resorts, and many scenic drives. Even if you are not the outdoorsy type, there are plenty of other sights and entertainment attractions that the entire family will love. To help get your Utah vacation started, here are ten must-see sights and locations that will have you booking your western holiday!
1. Zion National Park - The park’s rose-colored cliffs and flowing waterfalls are just the beginning of this beautiful national park. Take a moment to see yourself for who you really are and what you want to become by taking a moment at the many reflective pools.
2. Lake Powell - This prominent lake is something straight out of the movies. The lake is located along the Utah-Arizona border. It is a picturesque water reservoir that is also the perfect destination to rent a houseboat or simply set up camp and sleep under the stars.
3. Temple Square - Temple Square is the must-see place to discover Gothic architecture that is perfect for taking in the nightlife of the city. At the heart of the square is the Mormon Temple, which is the largest latter-day Saints temple in the world.
4. Bryce Canyon National Park - The towering formations of vertical rock, known as hoodoos, will serve as the perfect backdrop for a family portrait.
5. Monument Valley - In the heart of Navajo land, this desert lined valley is your go-to place to explore the red mesas and stone pinnacles. You can also travel the 17-mile Valley drive, which is a one-way dirt road running between the dramatic landscape.
6. Capital Reef National Park - This towering pillar of sandstone is the epicenter of Utah’s unique landscapes. Standing high above the Fremont River, While the breathtaking arches, gorges, and spires may be enough for some visitors, there are also a variety of hiking trails that make for the perfect afternoon activity.
7. Dinosaur National Monument - Is there a dinosaur enthusiast in your house? If so, they’ll definitely want to check out this monument, which highlights various Jurassic period fossils as well as masterful reconstructions.
8. Canyonlands National Park - A park highlight is the Island in the Sky, an aerial viewpoint where you can take in Utah’s equivalent of the Grand Canyon.
9. Park City - This small-town locale offers all the diversity and variety you can ask for. Located just a half hour’s drive from Salt Lake City, you can enjoy the historical elements or the outdoor enthusiast attractions that have tourists coming from far and wide. Park City is home to the Sundance Film Festival and is also considered the world’s best mountain biking destination.
10. Arches National Park - Devil’s Garden is a tourist favorite in yet another of Utah’s gorgeous national parks. Another photo-ready moment is the more than 2,000 natural arches that decorate the park.
Did you know that the world's largest natural stone bridge is in Utah, the Rainbow Bridge is 290 feet high and 275 feet across? As you can see, Utah offers so many natural wonders. Staying at the Sorrel River Ranch and Spa in Moab will rejuvenate the soul with the relaxing atmosphere of the Adventure Capital of the West. With most of your itinerary set, what’s stopping you from booking your trip to Utah today? Call us today and find out how you can spend your vacation days the pioneer way!
Share the knowledge
Extraordinary trips for exceptional travelers, where the details make all the difference
Darby’s Destinations LLC, an independent Affiliate of Departure Lounge LLC, a Virtuoso® Member, located at PO Box #26545, Austin, Texas 78755. While our clients have had great experiences with the travel suppliers featured on this website, Darby’s Destinations is not an employee, agent, or representative of these suppliers and, therefore, cannot make any promises regarding the service clients will receive with a particular supplier. Before booking a trip, clients are responsible for reviewing the services offered by the supplier, along with any terms, conditions, and exclusions.