The country of Thailand is known for its tropical beaches, royal palaces, and ancient ruins with beautiful temples displaying statues of Buddha. Considered the most popular tourist destination on the planet, the capital of Thailand, Bangkok, receives more than 20 million visitors a year. This exciting, vibrant city has more to explore than you could ever imagine. So, to make the trip one that you'll always remember, here are 13 adventures you must add to the itinerary.
1. Get a Thai beer at a rooftop bar - Bangkok is full of great clubs, pubs, and rooftop bars. The rooftop bars have some of the most magnificent views of the city, especially at night.
2. Cruise down the Chao Phraya River - Take a river cruise down the Chao Phraya River for more beautiful views of Bangkok. Night or day, the views are bound to be majestic. Plus, you'll get to see some of the city's historical sites along the way.
3. Visit the Grand Palace - This impressive palace is a must-see. Not only is it Bangkok's most famous attraction, but it represents over 200 years of royalty.
4. Wander the streets of Chinatown - In one of the oldest parts of the city lies Chinatown, a lively district great shopping, restaurants, bars, and entertainment.
5. Check out the reclining Buddha - Visit Wat Pho to see the reclining Buddha and the most extensive assortment of Buddha statues in the country.
6. Go to a Floating market - Floating markets are widespread in Bangkok. Most of the vendors are women, and they sell items such as produce, jewelry, and flowers from their boats.
7. Head to Soi Cowboy - This less intense red-light district isn't any less exciting than the others throughout Bangkok. Enjoy lots of loud music, entertainment, adult beverages, go-go bars, and bright lights.
8. Try the street food - The street food in Bangkok is some of the best yet most unique cuisines in the world. From fried chicken to fried scorpions, you never know what you will find to snack on.
9. Go shopping - Bangkok has some impressive modern hip shopping malls, with a fantastic selection of international and Asian fashion brands. Some of the best malls include Icon Siam, the Siam Paragon, MBK, and Central World.
10. Visit the Temple of Dawn - Near the Chao Phraya River, visit Wat Arun. It is one of the most photographed temples in Bangkok.
11. Go to Ayutthaya Historical Park - Although it is right outside of Bangkok, you absolutely must visit the Ayutthaya Historical Park, given the opportunity. These ruins are kind of a magical secret that doesn't receive many visitors.
12. Ride a Tuk-Tuk - Tuk-tuks are a fun way to get around the city. The small size of a tuk-tuk makes it possible to avoid traffic jams and get to wherever you need to go in a hurry.
13. Explore Lumpini Park - Lumpini Park is a great place to unwind a little and also one of the largest city parks in Thailand. With all the crowds and commotion in Bangkok's downtown area, the park is a beautiful green escape.
As you can see from the array of sights and activities in Bangkok it is sure to be a great part of your Thailand vacation. To start planning your trip to Bangkok and filling up that itinerary with some awesome adventures, send over an email with your inquiries and contact information. I look forward to planning your next international vacation!
Share the knowledge
Extraordinary trips for exceptional travelers, where the details make all the difference
Darby’s Destinations LLC an independent agent for Nexion, LLC, a California registered seller of travel (2071045-50); located at 6225 N. State Hwy 161, Suite 450, Irving TX 75038. Telephone 800-949-6410. While our clients have had great experiences with the travel suppliers featured on this website, Darby’s Destinations is not an employee, agent, or representative of these suppliers and therefore cannot make any promises regarding the service clients will receive with a particular supplier. Clients are responsible for reviewing the services offered by the supplier, along with any terms, conditions, and exclusions, before booking a trip.