South Africa is Africa's 9th largest country according to its landmass. The reasons to visit this vast and culturally diverse nation are seemingly endless, and that's why it makes it on so many people's bucket lists. To encourage you a little more and to further enhance your excitement, here are five reasons you should make it to South Africa at least once in your life.
1. Cape Town. As one of South Africa's three capitals, the Mother City is one that you must explore. Not only is it one of the top holiday destinations in the entire world, but it's full of natural, exotic beauty that you can't find anywhere else. In addition, there's excellent food, plenty of beaches, and, last but not least, Table Mountain.
2. The Garden Route. Take the Garden Route from Mossel Bay to Storms River for some of the most breathtaking coastline views. Visit and view small towns, rugged shores, sandy beaches, and thick forests.
3. Go on a safari at Kruger National Park. It may not be the only place to go for a safari adventure in South Africa, but it is undoubtedly one of the greatest. On the safari, you'll get to witness and interact with the 'Big Five' of Africa's most significant wild animals: lions, rhinos, elephants, buffalos, and leopards.
4. Family Safaris. If you have decided to bring the children along on your once-in-a-lifetime, memorable South Africa vacation, make sure to go on several family-friendly safaris. Many of the safari tours will offer youth programs, age-appropriate, hands-on activities, and playgrounds.
5. It's easy to navigate and explore nearby destinations. South Africa makes it easy to get around with its well-established and maintained road network and infrastructure. You are also allowed to drive there with a foreign license as long as it includes your photograph. There are also several main international airports so that you can fly into any of the nation's major cities.
Of course, the list of reasons to visit South Africa doesn't end here. It would be too hard to name them all. Nonetheless, there are endless reasons one should make it a point to visit the country.
So, if you just added or have had South Africa on your life itinerary, let's get started planning your vacation! If you were not able to join us on Thursday for the African Safari Experience, visit my website to see the recorded presentation. Feel free to send an email with your inquiries and I will get back to you soon.
Share the knowledge
Extraordinary trips for exceptional travelers, where the details make all the difference
Darby’s Destinations LLC an independent agent for Nexion, LLC, a California registered seller of travel (2071045-50); located at 6225 N. State Hwy 161, Suite 450, Irving TX 75038. Telephone 800-949-6410. While our clients have had great experiences with the travel suppliers featured on this website, Darby’s Destinations is not an employee, agent, or representative of these suppliers and therefore cannot make any promises regarding the service clients will receive with a particular supplier. Clients are responsible for reviewing the services offered by the supplier, along with any terms, conditions, and exclusions, before booking a trip.