When we think of California, it’s not uncommon to fill our heads of images of the Hollywood sign, celebrities, and the infamous traffic jams of Los Angeles; however, the city of angels isn’t the only prime travel destination within the state.
San Diego has a rich history and a laidback style to match. Not only is it the birthplace of California, but it is also one of the first spots where Europeans stepped ashore on the entire west coast. Beyond its history, San Diego has a mass appeal that will allow everyone to find something within the city that they enjoy.
So, to help jumpstart your next trip to San Diego, here are five must-see places you can quickly cross off your bucket list!
Five of the Best of San Diego
1. San Diego Beaches - You can’t make a trip to California and not visit the beaches, and San Diego is no exception. The water is perfect for swimming, surfing, and lounging around reading a good book. If you are looking for relaxation, San Diego has the beaches for you. Pacific Beach, La Jolla Shores Beach, and Sunset Cliffs, to name a few.
2. Balboa Park - The nation’s largest urban cultural park. There are plenty of trails, play areas for kids, as well as museums. Street performers line the streets to help give you a real sense of modern renaissance and entertainment.
3. San Diego Bay Tours - San Diego Bay is the hub spot for major water-related adventures, so why not take in the harbor and book a tour by boat. This is a relaxing way to end your day or kickstart a day of exploring. Tours can be completed on Jet boats, Hornblower cruises, speed boats, and many others.
4. San Diego Breweries - Brewery tours are always a hit for those 21+, and San Diego has its fair share of breweries to wet your whistle. With nearly 200 berries in the area, there is always a fresh beer that you’ve probably never tried before. Try out Coronado Brewing Company San Diego Tasting Room with a spectacular view.
5. San Diego-La Jolla Underwater Park - This nearly 6,000-acre underwater park contains various habitats such as kelp beds, sand flats, and rocky reefs. The waves are calm and gentle enough to snorkel below the water’s surface for a day of swimming with sea creatures and exploring the surrounding sea caves.
Which of these bucket list items are you looking to cross off on your next trip to San Diego? With San Diego being California’s beach city you can see there is so much to explore in this exciting destination.
Share the knowledge
Extraordinary trips for exceptional travelers, where the details make all the difference
Darby’s Destinations LLC, an independent Affiliate of Departure Lounge LLC, a Virtuoso® Member, located at PO Box #26545, Austin, Texas 78755. While our clients have had great experiences with the travel suppliers featured on this website, Darby’s Destinations is not an employee, agent, or representative of these suppliers and, therefore, cannot make any promises regarding the service clients will receive with a particular supplier. Before booking a trip, clients are responsible for reviewing the services offered by the supplier, along with any terms, conditions, and exclusions.