The country of New Zealand draws travelers from all over the world for its stunning landscapes and laid-back small towns. Even though travel is restricted to this magical country, we can dream of an adventure to Auckland, New Zealand, with many hidden spots to discover.
The city of Auckland is full of diversity and personality. It is also New Zealand's largest city, with a population of nearly 1.5 million. If you're looking for somewhere exciting to go to on your next vacation, Auckland is the place to be. Why do you ask? Below are some of the top reasons you shouldn't miss the opportunity to visit this magnificent city.
1. There's a myriad of daring adventures to be had. Helicopter rides, hiking, motorbiking, kayaking, and bungee jumping are just a few popular activities within the city.
2. You'll find the city is brimming with natural beauty. Preserved parks, stunning gardens, sandy beaches, volcanoes, and beautiful alpine forests, make up most of Auckland.
3. The coastlines will leave you breathless. Auckland is almost entirely enclosed by vast waters, creating amazing coastlines nearly all around the city.
4. A must-see is Waiheke Island, and the island isn't just sandy white beaches with huge rocks blanked in greenery. It's full of art galleries, vineyards, and flavorful wines.
5. The zoo is an exciting adventure. At the city zoo, you can visit over 1400 animals (135 species). Many of them are native to New Zealand.
6. Some of the most excellent restaurants are in Auckland. There are many award-winning restaurants and eateries throughout the city. You must try foods authentic to the nation, such as a Hangi dish or Lolly cake.
7. There's a lot of art to take in. From the Auckland Art Gallery to the smaller galleries downtown, there is so much to see. Just walking through the city, you'll get to view a ton of street art, murals, and Maori treasures being sold all over.
8. Beautiful panoramic views everywhere you go. No matter where you are, there's an extraordinary panoramic view to be admired. The Sky Tower provides the most stunning of them all.
9. There are incredible markets open every day of the week. There are many diverse marketplaces throughout Auckland. Make sure you check them out for some great souvenirs.
10. The city has some of the nation's biggest ports and harbors. As the "City of Sails," you'll undoubtedly notice the abundance of ports, harbors, and maritime activities.
11. You can reach all of the best destinations by leaving from Auckland. Just a few hours north of Auckland is the Bay of Islands, while in other directions, you can reach Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves, Rotorua, and the Coromandel Peninsula.
When you are ready to begin planning an adventure to the other side of the world, New Zealand is an amazing country to start. As we move through the pandemic and New Zealand opens its borders to the rest of the world, please check back with me to learn the latest updates.
Share the knowledge
Extraordinary trips for exceptional travelers, where the details make all the difference
Darby’s Destinations LLC, an independent Affiliate of Departure Lounge LLC, a Virtuoso® Member, located at PO Box #26545, Austin, Texas 78755. While our clients have had great experiences with the travel suppliers featured on this website, Darby’s Destinations is not an employee, agent, or representative of these suppliers and, therefore, cannot make any promises regarding the service clients will receive with a particular supplier. Before booking a trip, clients are responsible for reviewing the services offered by the supplier, along with any terms, conditions, and exclusions.