In honor of the Summer Olympics 2021/2020, here are some top attractions to choose from while visiting Tokyo, Japan. Even though this year is still a very different experience than we are used to, it is great to highlight the many things to see and do in Tokyo, also known as "Electric Town."
Tokyo is one of the most alluring places on this planet. The high energy of the city and its attractions are enough to add Tokyo to your bucket list. So, when you finally take action to visit the capital of Japan, make sure you have an itinerary so you can see as many of the city's most significant locations and landmarks as possible. To make planning your trip simpler, below, you will find 15 of Tokyo's top attractions.
1. Check Out Themed Cafes - Japan is known for its exciting niche cafes. Dine with monkeys or get served by your favorite cartoon characters. If you can fathom it, there's likely a cafe for it.
2. Relax in a Shrine - Not only can you relax in a shrine, but you can spend the night in one too.
3. Attend a Sumo Match - Sumo is an admired sport in Japan. If you can, make a match or watch the Sumo wrestlers practice in the mornings.
4. Partake in a Tea Ceremony - Tea ceremonies, especially Matcha tea ceremonies, are insanely popular.
5. Go to an Anime Convention - Manga and anime are huge in Japan. On the island of Odaiba, you can attend the largest convention in the country, Comiket, from August to December.
6. Shop in Asakusa - The Asakusa District is the best place to find a traditional kimono and enjoy a little shopping.
7. Sleep at a Ryokan - Staying at one of these inns is one of the most magnificent and intimate ways to experience Japanese hospitality.
8. Experience a Festival - Matsuris (festivals) are extremely exciting and a fantastic way to indulge in Japanese culture. Enjoy street food, geishas, parades, dancing, music, and lots of bright colors.
9. Soak in Natural Spring Water - An onsen is a natural hot spring that many come to soak and relax in.
10. Visit Izakaya Alleys - Izakaya Alleys are Japanese gastropubs where the residents go to have drinks and snacks in the afternoon.
11. Check Out an Art Museum - There are dozens of art museums in Tokyo. Try to visit a few, including the MORI Art Museum.
12. Experience Hanami - It is a tradition to picnic under the cherry blossoms after they bloom in the spring.
13. Wander through the Sensoji Temple - Nestled in the Asakusa District, the Sensoji Temple is undoubtedly an ancient sight to behold.
14. Enjoy City Views from the Tokyo Tower - Go to the main observation deck of the Tokyo Tower for a breathtaking sight of the city.
15. Join a MarioKart Race - Go-karting is popular in Tokyo and mainly if it includes dressing up as your favorite Mario character.
With so many spectacular places to experience in Tokyo, there's no end to the diversity of adventures to be had in this magical city. So send me an email, and together we will plan out your exciting trip to Tokyo, including all the attractions and places that interest you the most. I hope you enjoy the sights of the Olympics.
Extraordinary trips for exceptional travelers, where the details make all the difference
Darby’s Destinations LLC an independent agent for Nexion, LLC, a California registered seller of travel (2071045-50); located at 6225 N. State Hwy 161, Suite 450, Irving TX 75038. Telephone 800-949-6410. While our clients have had great experiences with the travel suppliers featured on this website, Darby’s Destinations is not an employee, agent, or representative of these suppliers and therefore cannot make any promises regarding the service clients will receive with a particular supplier. Clients are responsible for reviewing the services offered by the supplier, along with any terms, conditions, and exclusions, before booking a trip.